KA220-HED-F8D51393, Higher Education
Responding to Heatwaves in the Older People Ecosystem
The project HOPE (Responding to Heatwaves in the Older People Ecosystem) aims to put the severe health threats of heatwaves on the agenda of the older adult service and healthcare sectors and to have an inclusive approach for the whole ecosystem by:
- Developing and strengthening competencies of students, informal caregivers, and professionals in older adult health, care and social sectors on better responding to the needs of older adults during heatwaves and thereby better mitigating the risks.
- Supporting and stimulating organisations in the older adults ecosystem to apply guidelines and best practices regarding care during heatwaves.
- Supporting local and regional authorities through developed Policy Recommendations on how to play a role in the fight against heat risks for their older inhabitants.
- By communicating and disseminating project results and best practices in local, regional, national, European, and international levels.
- GEMEENTE ROTTERDAM Netherlands, www.rotterdam.nl
- ISTITUTO PER SERVIZI DI RICOVERO E ASSISTENZA AGLI ANZIANI, Italy, https://www.israa.it
- IRMANDADE DA SANTA CASA DA MISERICORDIA DA AMADORA, Portugal , https://www.misericordia-amadora.pt/
- STICHTING HOGESCHOOL ROTTERDAM, Netherlands, https://www.hogeschoolrotterdam.nl
- KOINSEP CYCLADES -ALTERA VITA, GREECE, https://e-learning.alteravita.eu/
- ELISAN RESEAU EUROPEEN POUR L INCLUSION ET L ACTION SOCIALE LOCALE
ASSOCIATION, France, https://www.elisan.eu/
The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.